Friday 8 August 2014

The Tale of Pakistani Flag and Whatsapp DP

"A lot of people will not agree with me on this"

So this happened yesterday only, someone messaged me on whatsapp, with a beautiful suggestion, to put your whatsapp profile picture as Indian Flag. I liked the idea and downloaded a picture of Indian flag. Just when I was about to update the same, another message popped, with the same content. This happened a few times again.

Every active contact in my list started putting the same DP. Its actually awesome to see, if you ask me.
So, I had a question, is this true patriotism, or just another instance where the crowd starts following a chain message, like all other times (send this message to 11 people else this and that will happen/ send this message to all, its from whatsapp founder and other stuff). "The answer I got was pretty disappointing"

How did I find this answer is a bit funny story, I just thought of updating my DP as some random flag, but for some obvious reason, I chose Pakistani Flag. 

The people who saw it, messaged me, (though light heartedly), like-

"Pakistan ke Flag ki DP kyu lagaya hai"
"Porkistani"
"Pakistan ka pyara"
"Ye kya profile pic lagaya be"
"10 gaali bhi kam hai"
"Change DP please"

And the list goes on..

Some of them were the ones who didn't update their own DPs as Indian Flag. What an irony. How was I different from them, just because I used our rival country's flag. Though I am not fond of Pakistan's Flag, but I used it to see the reactions of people. If they really wanted everyone with Indian flag as DP, they should have also objected when I put my own picture as DP, Cuz "Tab bhi to maine Tirange ki photo nahi lagayi thi", tab bhi to baat ek hi thi. Even if I had used Japanese Flag, nobody would've said anything. Cuz focus kabhi India pe tha hi nahi janaab aapka, Focus kahaan tha?
.
.
-DP badalne me tha.
FEEL THE DIFFERENCE.

Anyways, below is the reason for writing this post-

NOBODY SAID THIS-
"Abe India ke Flag ki DP kyu nahi lagaaya"

FEEL THE DIFFERENCE

Dil se Indian baniye, 'DP' se banna zaruri nahi.
Happy Independence Day in advance. I Love India.

P.S. : Read this wonderful article by Mr. Vishal Gupta
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10203566926027200&id=1036577796&refid=17&_ft_
Because he feels the difference.

6 comments:

  1. Is it really necessary to Literally show your patriotism openly to be an Indian?
    -Yes, it is. i think.
    Just as simply harboring love in the heart for someone we care isn't enough; just as showing that love to the loved one is important, expressing the love for the country matters.

    I agree people should have correctly said to use Indian flag instead of commenting to change DP from Pakistani. But their words proved that THEY CARED.

    It takes a little something to Reignite the Will of fire in people but This helps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, thats why I appreciated the concern in the begining.

      But my whole point was, if someone made TajMahal or Their Pet as whatsapp DP, nobody would have pinged him and said "Deshdrohi" kind of words :) (Cuz they didn't have Indian flag as their DP as well)
      'Feel the difference'

      That was the thing I wanted to highlight. No doubt we all love India.

      Delete
    2. That's cause Taj Mahal or my pet did not create 9/11

      If you had used any other country's flag, they WOULD have said "why not India?"

      Delete
    3. Now look at the first paragraph of your first comment :)

      Delete
    4. Consider reading the whole comment :)

      Delete
  2. People care. They are too busy striving for their personal life is all. It is these simple things like changing the DP that keeps the Will alive
    It's a small effort, but many such small things make a big one. Yes, they should have said "why not India" instead of showing hate towards other flag, but your missing the point That THEY DID COMMENT!
    They could have turned a blind eye. However, they took time and responded. As little as it may be, it shows, They Cared

    ReplyDelete